Thursday, September 18, 2014

HEALTHY Whole Wheat Pumpkin Mufffins

Shout out to my girl, Mackenzie Ford, who passed along this recipe via Instagram (you should follow her, she posts great workout tips and healthy recipes - makeitfreshfitness)

I couldn't resist so I made these muffins last night and I was quite pleased with the outcome to say the least! I think I ate 3 or 4 last night....whoops! 

These smell and taste like Fall, so get in the spirit and start baking, besides, the first day of Fall is right around the corner (September 22nd)!

Happy Baking!

Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

1.  Preheat oven to 400 F
2.  Combine:

1 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned pumpkin or you can make your own!)
½ cup milk
½ cup applesauce

3.  In a separate bowl, combine:

       1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
       ½ cup brown sugar
       1 T baking powder
       ¼ t. salt
       1 t cinnamon
       ¼ t. allspice
       ½ t. ginger
       ½ t. nutmeg

4.  Mix wet and dry ingredients together then add in:

       ½ cup chocolate chips
       ½ cup walnuts or pecans


5.  BAKE for 18 minutes, then let cool on a wire rack

No comments:

Post a Comment