Monday, September 22, 2014

Kathryn’s Breakfast Cookie

Kathryn’s Breakfast Cookies


I’m going to have an honest moment, when I first made these, I wasn’t so sure about them. I even put a note on the tupperware for my husband that said “Messed up cookie batch, eat all you want” ….which of course, he still did because they’re cookies (and he loved them!), SO I tried them the next morning and realized that they were in fact, delicious. I ended up liking them a BUNCH more the next day when they weren’t hot out of the oven. I even brought them to work and my coworkers came back for seconds! Something must have worked with these bad boys!

They are soft, chewy, a tad bit sticky, healthy breakfast cookies that I am for sure making again! 

Have fun doing whatever you want to this recipe….I say get crazy with it, I sure did! If you want to add raisins or chia seeds or whatever your heart desires, this recipe should be everything you want in a breakfast with all the nutrients to fill you up in the morning or provide a good mid-day snack.

HAPPY BAKING! 

INGREDIENTS:
2 EGGS
1/4 c OIL (COCONUT IS A HEALTHY OPTION) 
1/2 c GREEK YOGURT
1 t VANILLA 
1/2 c BROWN SUGAR
1 c ROLLED OATS
1 c WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
1/4 t BAKING POWDER
1/2 t BAKING SODA
2 T GROUND FLAX SEED

1/2 c DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1/2 c TOASTED COCONUT
1/2 c CHOPPED WALNUTS (OR PECANS OR ALMONDS)
SECRET INGREDIENT - 1 c RICE KRISPIES! (you could totally sub for corn flakes if you want, but the krispies added a soft texture to it once it was baked)


    SUPER SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F
  2. MIX WET INGREDIENTS PLUS BROWN SUGAR IN MEDIUM BOWL
  3. MIX DRY INGREDIENTS IN LARGE BOWL
  4. ADD WET TO DRY INGREDIENTS
  5. ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS, COCONUT, NUTS, AND RICE KRISPIES
  6. SMALL SPOONFULS ONTO COOKIE SHEET (WON’T FLATTEN MUCH SO YOU CAN GET A LOT OF COOKIES ONTO ONE SHEET)
  7. BAKE ABOUT 12 MINUTES, LET COOL ON COOKIE SHEET FOR 5 MINUTES, THEN ON A WIRE RACK
  8. EAT IN THE MORNING! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment